Weekly Spelling Practices are on Friday.
Please use the Spelling City link as well as the extra spelling assignments to help study!
Practice on Friday (practice at home; ex. make flash cards, place them throughout the house before they open the fridge they need to read 5 of them and spell them, place them on the door for going outsideamazed say and spell 5 words, put them on the back of the seat in the car, say and spell 5 words before the car turns on, have a family competition... make it fun!)
5.4 Horace and Moris but mostly Dolores
Extra Spelling Assignments to do each night try a few different ones each week!
1) Practice- Use the six steps Look, Say, Cover, Remember, Write, Check
2) Vowel Search- Write all of the words and circle the vowels (a,e,i,o,u)
3) Sentences- Write sentences, questions, riddles, poems, songs, stories using spelling words!
4) ABC- Put your words in alphabetical order
5) Go Together- Put 2-3 of your spelling words together. Write a reason why.
6) Magazines Words- Cut/highlight the words out of Magazines/newspapers (make a collage)
7) Picture this- Make a picture of something using your words
8) Rainbow words- Write your words in different colors
9) Missing Vowels- Write your words leaving out the vowels. Ask a family member to complete.
10) Words in words- Find little words in each spelling word.
11) Headlines- Write a newspaper headline using some words. Draw a picture to go with it!
12) Rhyming Words- Choose 5 of your words and find as many rhyming words as you can.
13) It Can Say- Form new words by changing , adding, or taking away one spelling word. (Example: Cat- It can say cap (change t to a p), cut (a to u), or sat (c to an s)
14) Consonant Search- Write each spelling word and circle all the consonants.
15) Word Find- Make a word find using all or some of the spelling words.