The HSA is a recognized group of parents and teachers that work together for the benefit of Holy Family School. The success of these events are only with the strong support of parents such as yourself. What we need is a little of your time, energy and ideas to help build our strong school community.
Do you have a great idea for an event? Would you like to provide your feedback, comments or input on a Home and School sponsored event? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org - we would love to hear from you!
We look forward to having a wonderful year and meeting new parents.
Holy Family Home and School Team
Erin Gallagher and Janice Monaghan
Home and School Liason
Taking an active role in your children’s school is critical to their success. We’ve compiled a list of 10 reasons why joining the HSA will greatly improve your child’s education experience.
10 Reasons to Come Join the Home and School Association
The HSA is a recognized group of parents and teachers that work together for the benefit of Holy Family School. Taking an active role in your children’s school is critical to their success. We’ve compiled a list of 10 reasons why joining the HSA will greatly improve your child’s education experience.
1. It’s good for your child. Research shows that children whose parents are involved in their school make better grades and have fewer disciplinary problems at school. When parents get plugged in at school, their children do better.
2. It’s important to the school. Schools are becoming more and more dependent on parent groups. The parent groups are responsible for almost all of the school’s social events. They provide support to teachers and administrators, and they create a caring and supportive atmosphere in the school.
3. You’ll get connected. There’s no better way to know what’s going on in the school than to be part of the HSA. You’ll be first to hear about important decisions and changes the school is thinking about making, and you will get to know teachers and administrators on a familiar basis.
4. You’ll be part of a network. Every social function is an opportunity to meet other parents in the same situation as you. You will be connected with a group of parents who share a common goal of improving the school for the children.
5. You’ll make a difference. By volunteering with the HSA, you’ll be able to use your skills for a noble cause. Parent groups work to establish a supportive and encouraging community for the entire school. The goal is to create the most educational environment possible for our children.
6. It’s fun! You’ll connect with a group of people who are all concerned with creating a better environment for their children. You will help plan fun events, socials and get togethers that the whole family can attend.
7. You’ll be a role model. You’ll show your children that not only are they important to you, but their education is as well. They’ll see you taking a stand to make education better for them and their peers, and chances are they’ll do the same
8. You’ll help raise necessary funds. The HSA fundraises to provide more educational services for children. Fundraisers remain important to improving the quality of the school overall, and parent groups make them possible.
9. It’s flexible. The HSA has progressed to meet the changing needs of parents. There are a variety of small ways parents can help and be involved in the HSA. Project responsibilities are flexible and can be adjusted to fit with your time constraints.
10. It’s for every parent. Your voice and opinion matters! It makes a difference when you speak up. Your voice and ideas can help improve the quality of education for your children and their peers. You’ll see the smiles on their faces and know that you’ve played a part in making school a little more comfortable and fun.